Subject: [bug#61052] [PATCH] download: Add url-fetch/xz-file.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 20:25:24 +0100

Hi Hilton,

I agree with Ludo' and also wonder if a generic 
‘url-fetch/compressed-file’ wouldn't be better.  There are closure 
arguments to be made for this xz-only approach.  I don't know if they're 
convincing.  Cluebats welcome.

(I was going to bring up ‘url-fetch/tarbomb’ as an example, but it 
doesn't actually handle anything besides gzip!  Madness.)

On 2023-01-25 10:07, Hilton Chain wrote:
> +                            (setenv "XZ_OPT"
> +                                    (string-join (%xz-parallel-args)))

Why set this kluge…

> +                            (invoke (string-append #+xz "/bin/unxz")
> +                                    #$file-name)

…when we have full control over xz's arguments?

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.