Subject: bug#61043: 30.0.50; `json-ts-mode': invalid font lock rule

From: Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 07:29:23 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 24/01/2023 22:09, Mickey Petersen wrote:
>> There's a comment font lock rule in `json-ts-mode'. However, that is
>> illegal and againt the JSON spec, and indeed the search query fails
>> because `comment' is not a valid node type.
>
> When you say it fails, how does that look to you?
>
> Here's an example of a JSON file (or, more accurately, a JSON-superset
> file) with comments:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/huytd/vscode-espresso-tutti/master/themes/Espresso%20Tutti-color-theme.json
>
> The JSON tree-sitter grammar seems to parse them correctly as comments
> ("comment" node type), and json-ts-mode highlights them as comments
> correctly as a result.

It may well be my JSON grammar file that is different then. Which is
perhaps even worse: it is easy to find yourself with one of two
versions.