Subject: bug#6102: 24.0.50; Problems with Multi_Key

From: Werner LEMBERG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 22:41:01 +0200 (CEST)

Of all applications I know on my computer, emacs is the only one which
doesn't accept multi-key compositions.  Calling `emacs -Q' and
pressing the composite key (which I've mapped to the `Windows menu'
key), I get

  <Multi_key> is undefined

and the composition isn't performed.  This behaviour wasn't present in
previous versions of Emacs (about a half year earlier, I estimate).
Note, however, that I'm now using Xorg 1.8.0 (from openSuSE factory),
together with fairly recent versions of all other Xorg modules, so the
problem might be elsewhere.

    Werner

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-04-08 on linux-nvf0
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10800000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=SCIM
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Message

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
d d d d d d d d SPC d d d d SPC d SPC d SPC d d d d 
d d d n d d SPC <backspace> SPC d d d d d d d n n d 
d SPC d d d d d SPC d x i <return> SPC d d SPC d <down> 
<down> <down> <return> d x <up> <return> <down> <return> 
C-x SPC <up> <return> C-x o <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-SPC C-e 
s-w C-x o d x i <return> SPC SPC SPC i <return> SPC 
d x <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <return> i S-SPC SPC 
<backspace> SPC d d x i <return> d d d d d d d d d 
d d d d x i <return> d d d x i d x i <return> SPC d 
d d d d d d x g d r <tab> <return> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <return> SPC i d d x i <return> d d x i <return> 
d d x i <return> d d d d n d d SPC d <down> <return> 
<up> <return> d d d d d x <up> <return> M-x e m a c 
s - b <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> b u 
g <tab> <tab> C-g C-h a b u g <return> <M-next> C-g 
C-x b B a <tab> <backspace> <backspace> + B a <tab> 
C-g g B a <tab> <return> <up> <return> C-x o <down> 
C-SPC <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> s-w C-x 1 M-x r e p o r t - 
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Scanning +inbox...done
Wrapped lines [3 times]
No more messages
Refiling and deleting...done
Making completion list...
Quit
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.  
Quit [2 times]
Scanning +Backup...done
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug apropos pp mew-varsx cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
mew-auth mew-config mew-imap2 mew-imap mew-nntp2 mew-nntp mew-pop
mew-smtp mew-ssl mew-ssh mew-net mew-highlight mew-sort mew-fib
mew-ext mew-refile mew-demo mew-attach mew-draft mew-message
mew-thread mew-virtual mew-summary4 mew-summary3 mew-summary2
mew-summary mew-search mew-pick mew-passwd mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq
mew-smime mew-pgp mew-header mew-exec mew-mark mew-mime mew-edit
mew-decode mew-encode mew-cache mew-minibuf mew-complete mew-addrbook
mew-local mew-unix mew-vars3 mew-vars2 mew-vars mew-env mew-mule3
mew-mule mew-gemacs mew-key mew-func mew-blvs mew-const mew tex
regexp-opt advice help-fns advice-preload tex-site auto-loads quail
help-mode easymenu view cjktilde disp-table tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting font-render-setting
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)