Subject: bug#6102: Problems with multi key on 23.2.1

From: Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:57:21 +0100

Hi!

I've just found this bug report.

I also have problems with multi_key.
I define the Multi_key with xmodmap, using:
keycode 115 = Multi_key

This works fine in most programs, even emacs when I start it in text
mode (inside an xterm).

However, when I start it as X application and press the key, I get
<Multi_key> is undefined
in the status bar.

I'm using the X version that's coming with NetBSD/5.99.45.

For me, 'env XMODIFIERS="@im=none" emacs' doesn't work, I still get
the same error.

"unset LC_CTYPE; emacs" doesn't work either.

Here's the emacs-bug-report info:

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64--netbsd, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2011-02-07 on yt.nih.at
Windowing system distributor `The Xorg Foundation', version 11.0.10902000
configured using `configure  '--srcdir=/scratch/editors/emacs/work/emacs-23.2' '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--x-includes=/usr/X11R7/include' '--x-libraries=/usr/X11R7/lib' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--prefix=/usr/pkg' '--build=x86_64--netbsd' '--host=x86_64--netbsd' '--infodir=/usr/pkg/info' '--mandir=/usr/pkg/man' 'build_alias=x86_64--netbsd' 'host_alias=x86_64--netbsd' 'CC=cc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R7/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/freetype2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/X11R7/lib -Wl,-R/usr/X11R7/lib' 'LIBS=' 'CPPFLAGS=-DTERMINFO -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R7/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/freetype2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x b u g - r e <tab> <tab> <escape> <backspace> 
<escape> <backspace> r e p o <tab> <tab> r <tab> <
return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/wiz/.el/startup.el (source)...done
Loading /home/wiz/.el/mwheel.el (source)...done
Loading /home/wiz/.el/mercurial.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/wiz/.el/startup hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/startup
/home/wiz/.el/mwheel hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/mwheel
/home/wiz/.el/flyspell hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode mercurial view vc
vc-dispatcher executable diff-mode easymenu easy-mmode advice help-fns
advice-preload cl cl-19 cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
regexp-opt tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind font-render-setting gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Suggestions?
 Thomas