Subject: Re: bug#6102: 24.0.50; Problems with Multi_Key

From: Werner LEMBERG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 23:17:36 +0200 (CEST)

>> pressing the composite key (which I've mapped to the `Windows menu'
>> key)
> 
> How did you remap it?

Unchanged since years; I have this line in xorg.conf:

  Option "XkbOptions" "Compose,compose:menu,altwin:super_win,eurosign:5"

> What is the output of xev if you press the keys <Multi_key> <a> <e>
> in this order?

KeyPress event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48241951, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 117 (keysym 0xff20, Multi_key), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XFilterEvent returns: True

KeyRelease event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48242037, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 117 (keysym 0xff20, Multi_key), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48245539, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 38 (keysym 0x61, a), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (61) "a"
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (61) "a"
    XFilterEvent returns: True

KeyRelease event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48245617, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 38 (keysym 0x61, a), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (61) "a"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48246615, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 26 (keysym 0x65, e), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (65) "e"
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (65) "e"
    XFilterEvent returns: True

KeyPress event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48246615, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 0 (keysym 0xe6, ae), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes: 
    XmbLookupString gives 2 bytes: (c3 a6) "æ"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3c00001,
    root 0xaf, subw 0x0, time 48246675, (-23,895), root:(1245,918),
    state 0x10, keycode 26 (keysym 0x65, e), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (65) "e"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

   Werner