Subject: Re: [bug#61010] [PATCH] gnu: Add icewm

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 10:21:34 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 at 23:37, Andy Tai <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This I did not address in the revision because the second .tar.gz is
> available on the net, satisfying GPL's source requirement... but will
> revise if Guix policy demands otherwise

I do not understand what you mean.  My point is that these .gmo files
are generated by the author of the release and they are _not_ included in
the upstream source code – the Git repository.

For most of the cases, the Guix project tries hard to package only from
the source code, i.e., build as much as possible from scratch.

Hence, the question: do we re-generate these files?

Cheers,
simon

PS: Indeed, sorry for the typo in my previous message.  I wrote:

    Other said, these files are in the archive tar.gz [2].

when *not* is missing.  I wanted to say:

    Other said, these files are *NOT* in the archive tar.gz [2].