Subject: Re: [bug#61010] [PATCH] gnu: Add icewm

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 13:26:14 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up. :-)

The patch builds fine and it LTGM except one minor point.

On dim., 22 janv. 2023 at 12:37, Andy Tai <[email-masked]> wrote:

> +    (source (origin
> +              (method url-fetch)
> +              (uri (string-append
> +                    "https://github.com/ice-wm/icewm/releases/download/"
> +                    version "/icewm-" version ".tar.lz"))

This archive contains generated .gmo which are not in the source code
[1] and I do not know what is the usual Guix policy about that.  Do we
re-generate them?

Other said, these files are in the archive tar.gz [2].

1: <https://github.com/ice-wm/icewm/tree/3.3.1/po>
2: <https://github.com/ice-wm/icewm/archive/refs/tags/3.3.1.tar.gz>

> \ No newline at end of file

This patch does not apply to current master.  From my point of view, it
is worth to provide the base-commit (see --base option of
git-format-patch or git-send-email).

And it helps if the new package is not added to the end of the file.
For instance, I would put it between i3lock-fancy and xmonad-next.

Cheers,
simon