Subject: Re: bug#60996: 29.0.60; Native compile fails to remove temp file for trampoline

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:37:09 +0000

On Sun 29 Jan 2023, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 21:15:02 +0000
>> 
>> If this error can be suppressed such that the only effect is for a temp
>> file to be left around, that is a reasonable solution to this.
>
> I've now done so, please see if your scenario now silently fails,
> leaving the temporary compiled trampolines in %TEMP%.

Yes, that fixes the problem on emacs-29. The problem still exists on
master (which does not yet have your patch), so all looks good.

Your commit message said:

  Fix spurious errors on Windows when deleting temporary *.eln files

I think that is a mischaracterisation: the errors are not spurious, and
are documented by Microsoft. The behaviour is different to POSIX, but
that makes it different, not spurious.

    AndyM