Subject: Re: bug#60990: 29.0.60; New seq release 2.24

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:32:40 -0700

Version: 29.2

Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]> writes:

> The seq package has seen multiple additions since the seq 2.23 release.
> Would it be possible to release a new version 2.24 and bump the version
> in Emacs 29? With such a seq release 2.24, which coincides with Emacs 29,
> packages depending 2.24 would not pull in the additional package if
> installed on Emacs 29.
>
> In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
>  version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-01-14 built on projects
> Repository revision: 8d7ad65665833ae99b7e7119dae37afa438968a4
> Repository branch: emacs-29
> Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
> System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

It seems we dropped the ball here and released Emacs 29.1 with seq.el
versioned as 2.23.  I've now bumped the seq version to 2.24, so that we
won't have the same problem in Emacs 29.2.

With that, I'm closing this bug report.