Subject: bug#60990: closed (Re: bug#60990: 29.0.60; New seq release 2.24)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 15:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60990: 29.0.60; New seq release 2.24

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60990: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60990
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60990: 29.0.60; New seq release 2.24
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:32:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]> writes:

> The seq package has seen multiple additions since the seq 2.23 release.
> Would it be possible to release a new version 2.24 and bump the version
> in Emacs 29? With such a seq release 2.24, which coincides with Emacs 29,
> packages depending 2.24 would not pull in the additional package if
> installed on Emacs 29.
>
> In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
>  version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-01-14 built on projects
> Repository revision: 8d7ad65665833ae99b7e7119dae37afa438968a4
> Repository branch: emacs-29
> Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
> System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

It seems we dropped the ball here and released Emacs 29.1 with seq.el
versioned as 2.23.  I've now bumped the seq version to 2.24, so that we
won't have the same problem in Emacs 29.2.

With that, I'm closing this bug report.

Subject: 29.0.60; New seq release 2.24
From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 15:51:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The seq package has seen multiple additions since the seq 2.23 release.
Would it be possible to release a new version 2.24 and bump the version
in Emacs 29? With such a seq release 2.24, which coincides with Emacs 29,
packages depending 2.24 would not pull in the additional package if
installed on Emacs 29.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-01-14 built on projects
Repository revision: 8d7ad65665833ae99b7e7119dae37afa438968a4
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)