Subject: Re: bug#60980: FR: It would be useful to have a repeat-exit-function for a repeat-map

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:23:30 +0200

> You have addressed my main concern.  You may close the bug.
>
> Some remarks.
>
> 1. You may consider introducing a
>    `repeat-enter/leave-function`---globally, AND per-map--- and plugin
>    the existing `repeat-echo-function` in to that.
>
>    IOW, the "existing" `repeat-echo-function` is a generic enter/leave
>    dispatcher for all `repeat-maps`.
>
> 2. (I believe) introducing an "enter"/"leave" function per-repeat map
>    is a much cleaner approach, and could be put to good use by users.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'll leave this feature request open for some time
to see if we could implement such a global and keymap-local hooks to run
on entering/leaving the repeating sequence.

> FWIW, the video I linked https://github.com/rnchzn/scratch/issues/1 is
> my own take on what `objed` (https://github.com/clemera/objed) does.

The video looks nice, so you may consider creating a new package that
will do something like `objed` does, but with using `repeat-mode`.