Subject: bug#60948: 28.1; cannot find executable-find command

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:39:29 +0200

> From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 21:28:10 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > If for you this doesn't happen in "emacs -Q", then there's some local
> > customization which causes this, and the question is: which one?
> 
> I do not think that this is a local customization. I rather expect that
> it’s a stale native-compile cache or stale bytecode that did not get
> updated when I updated Emacs.

That cannot happen with natively-compiled code: Emacs will never use
natively-compiled *.eln files that don't fit the currently running
Emacs binary.  It will recompile the corresponding *.el files anew and
put into a separate subdirectory of the eln-cache, which fits the
current binary.

Stale bytecode could explain that, if it uses macros that were
meanwhile updated, yes.