Subject: Re: [bug#60931] [PATCH] gnu: pari-gp: Update to 2.15.2.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 17:07:11 +0100

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 at 12:44, Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * gnu/packages/algebra.scm (pari-gp): Update to 2.15.2.
> ---
>  gnu/packages/algebra.scm | 4 ++--
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Following this discussion [1] about commit policy, you can see the
result of the QA for this update here:

    https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/60931

where the patch has been built on several architectures and the
dependants too.

Well, there is two failures [2] for i686-linux.  But it is not
introduced by this patch, somehow it is related to Bordeaux.  For
example, ’giac’ fails:

https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/giac/output-history?output=out&system=i686-linux&target=none

but passes on Berlin:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/303080/details

What is intriguing is the difference of derivation hashes between the 2
build farms.

Chris, an idea?

Aside, it appears to me that enough green are around for pushing. :-)

Cheers,
simon

2: https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/compare/package-derivations?base_commit=238f965c331990459a69cbc713ca951ad40e6044&target_commit=07ea16b0399444855b90d566e7a1c7c038142b4a&system=i686-linux&target=none