Subject: Re: bug#60927: gPodder database version field different when built using --with-latest

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:23:24 +0100

Hi,

Csepp <[email-masked]> skribis:

> So it looks like the hashes are the same and the difference is instead
> in how it's run.
> Usually I run it with i3's XDG desktop file based launcher, but when I
> used the --with-latest transformation I was running it from a guix
> shell.
> Maybe it's using the non-canonicalized path to itself as part of the
> version string.

Note that right now ‘--with-latest’ has no effect because it’s already
the latest version that’s packaged:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build gpodder -n
4.2 MB would be downloaded:
  /gnu/store/7jhmy0j4z50vb7051ckl0fkwv60y9aq8-python-pytest-httpserver-1.0.0
  /gnu/store/rmkakj3hbijzcn8jdicyhh4fcwgw4kjk-xset-1.2.4
  /gnu/store/almvw06pqf7gj09zkzi37iyzxph7abb2-xdg-utils-1.1.3
  /gnu/store/zbsg01v7jzryx2ccgaxnm0qzi8b9022h-youtube-dl-2021.12.17
  /gnu/store/cl22f0z9xggjspqsplf91bkqm35ad6fw-python-flake8-4.0.1
  /gnu/store/spwqzk6l1r8wx34wlfnw487rc86skzgv-python-pycodestyle-2.8.0
  /gnu/store/gaqm1cgvbam1jr2x7r6jw5gdrm9hv997-python-mutagen-1.45.1
  /gnu/store/75h3kapgwpgh6q2dxddgrzbxwb22z9k7-python-xmlschema-1.2.5
  /gnu/store/ixp9xd4cbs774yh5qkvywmjk1606s8i8-python-pytest-bootstrap-6.2.5
  /gnu/store/7frqm5ijy66f81hr8i1j6791k84lds9w-python-pytest-6.2.5
  /gnu/store/rfgdckaa197c4wkzixqqi3lmd6cvv414-python-requests-2.28.1
  /gnu/store/hz1fv46474jm8d0lbirglx3cvmy8npkl-gpodder-3.11.0
$ guix build gpodder -n --with-latest=gpodder
guix build: 3.11.0 is already the latest version of 'gpodder'
4.2 MB would be downloaded:
  /gnu/store/7jhmy0j4z50vb7051ckl0fkwv60y9aq8-python-pytest-httpserver-1.0.0
  /gnu/store/rmkakj3hbijzcn8jdicyhh4fcwgw4kjk-xset-1.2.4
  /gnu/store/almvw06pqf7gj09zkzi37iyzxph7abb2-xdg-utils-1.1.3
  /gnu/store/zbsg01v7jzryx2ccgaxnm0qzi8b9022h-youtube-dl-2021.12.17
  /gnu/store/cl22f0z9xggjspqsplf91bkqm35ad6fw-python-flake8-4.0.1
  /gnu/store/spwqzk6l1r8wx34wlfnw487rc86skzgv-python-pycodestyle-2.8.0
  /gnu/store/gaqm1cgvbam1jr2x7r6jw5gdrm9hv997-python-mutagen-1.45.1
  /gnu/store/75h3kapgwpgh6q2dxddgrzbxwb22z9k7-python-xmlschema-1.2.5
  /gnu/store/ixp9xd4cbs774yh5qkvywmjk1606s8i8-python-pytest-bootstrap-6.2.5
  /gnu/store/7frqm5ijy66f81hr8i1j6791k84lds9w-python-pytest-6.2.5
  /gnu/store/rfgdckaa197c4wkzixqqi3lmd6cvv414-python-requests-2.28.1
  /gnu/store/hz1fv46474jm8d0lbirglx3cvmy8npkl-gpodder-3.11.0
$ guix describe
Generation 244  Jan 29 2023 23:24:35    (current)
  guix 4eccb27
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 4eccb27b4c74a9112cbbad722d85558e9565f20b
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So as you wrote, the issue you’re seeing probably has nothing to do with
‘--with-latest’.

Could you show exactly what command you’re running, what output you’re
seeing, and what you were expecting?

TIA,
Ludo’.