Subject: Re: bug#60927: gPodder database version field different when built using --with-latest

From: Csepp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 02:32:07 +0100

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hullo,
>
> On 2023-01-18 9:13, Csepp wrote:
>> Haven't completely debugged this, but the symptoms are:
>> * running the packaged version doesn't work, blank scree, failed assert
>> on console about differing database schema version
>
> I can't reproduce this, in either direction.  However, I didn't have
> an existing GPodder configuration or database, and I'm not even sure
> where those are kept.
>
> If you do, could you grep for one of the hashes?

So it looks like the hashes are the same and the difference is instead
in how it's run.
Usually I run it with i3's XDG desktop file based launcher, but when I
used the --with-latest transformation I was running it from a guix
shell.
Maybe it's using the non-canonicalized path to itself as part of the
version string.