Subject: bug#60926: closed (Re: bug#60926: 28.2; Trivial documentaion fixes)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:32:04 +0000

Your bug report

#60926: 28.2; Trivial documentaion fixes

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60926: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60926
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60926: 28.2; Trivial documentaion fixes
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:30:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:39:56 +0900
> 
> Hi, I attach a patch to fix typos in Texinfo and doc string.

Thanks, installed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 28.2; Trivial documentaion fixes
From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:39:56 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, I attach a patch to fix typos in Texinfo and doc string.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine

diff -r a6e002416ad0 doc/lispref/strings.texi
--- a/doc/lispref/strings.texi	Wed Sep 14 21:53:58 2022 +0900
+++ b/doc/lispref/strings.texi	Wed Jan 18 14:35:45 2023 +0900
@@ -901,7 +901,7 @@
 @end defun
 
 @defun string-to-char string
-  This function returns the first character in @var{string}.  This
+  This function returns the first character in @var{string}.  This is
 mostly identical to @code{(aref string 0)}, except that it returns 0
 if the string is empty.  (The value is also 0 when the first character
 of @var{string} is the null character, @acronym{ASCII} code 0.)  This
diff -r a6e002416ad0 lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el	Wed Sep 14 21:53:58 2022 +0900
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el	Wed Jan 18 14:35:45 2023 +0900
@@ -2731,7 +2731,7 @@
 As a special case, if `(PLACE)' is used instead of `(PLACE VALUE)',
 the PLACE is not modified before executing BODY.
 
-See info node `(cl) Function Bindings' for details.
+See info node `(cl) Modify Macros' for details.
 
 \(fn ((PLACE VALUE) ...) BODY...)"
   (declare (indent 1) (debug ((&rest [&or (symbolp form)

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd13.1, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-09-15 built on freebsd.vmware
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: 13.1-RELEASE-p5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-canna --with-canna-includes=/usr/local/canna/include
--with-canna-libraries=/usr/local/canna/lib --without-xim
--disable-largefile --without-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/keita/elisp:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient
~/elisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-inspect hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-client hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow mh-identity mh-letter mh-comp emacsbug sendmail facemenu
two-column misearch multi-isearch vc-dispatcher vc-hg tex-info tex
texmathp texinfo texinfo-loaddefs mule-util eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func shortdoc help-fns radix-tree magit-extras bug-reference
face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit rx log-edit easy-mmode
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete
comint ring server ansi-color magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base
magit-section format-spec dash compat-27 compat-26 compat compat-macs
mh-search smiley qp mm-archive mail-extr mh-mime mh-gnus mh-alias
multi-prompt crm mh-show goto-addr thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus-range gnus nnheader wid-edit mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-tool-bar
mh-xface mh-utils mh-folder which-func imenu gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mail-utils text-property-search mh-scan mh-e mh-compat
mailabbrev mh-buffers mh-loaddefs kinsoku cl-extra help-mode parse-time
iso8601 time-date ucs-normalize epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny jka-compr twittering-mode advice xml
edmacro kmacro preview-latex tex-site canna-im info package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
japan-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 525918 64971)
 (symbols 48 24531 2)
 (strings 32 110721 10179)
 (string-bytes 1 3845097)
 (vectors 16 78677)
 (vector-slots 8 1688951 190362)
 (floats 8 301 198)
 (intervals 56 12743 1780)
 (buffers 992 30))