Subject: bug#60926: 28.2; Trivial documentaion fixes

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 14:39:56 +0900

Hi, I attach a patch to fix typos in Texinfo and doc string.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine

diff -r a6e002416ad0 doc/lispref/strings.texi
--- a/doc/lispref/strings.texi	Wed Sep 14 21:53:58 2022 +0900
+++ b/doc/lispref/strings.texi	Wed Jan 18 14:35:45 2023 +0900
@@ -901,7 +901,7 @@
 @end defun
 
 @defun string-to-char string
-  This function returns the first character in @var{string}.  This
+  This function returns the first character in @var{string}.  This is
 mostly identical to @code{(aref string 0)}, except that it returns 0
 if the string is empty.  (The value is also 0 when the first character
 of @var{string} is the null character, @acronym{ASCII} code 0.)  This
diff -r a6e002416ad0 lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el	Wed Sep 14 21:53:58 2022 +0900
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs.el	Wed Jan 18 14:35:45 2023 +0900
@@ -2731,7 +2731,7 @@
 As a special case, if `(PLACE)' is used instead of `(PLACE VALUE)',
 the PLACE is not modified before executing BODY.
 
-See info node `(cl) Function Bindings' for details.
+See info node `(cl) Modify Macros' for details.
 
 \(fn ((PLACE VALUE) ...) BODY...)"
   (declare (indent 1) (debug ((&rest [&or (symbolp form)

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd13.1, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-09-15 built on freebsd.vmware
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: 13.1-RELEASE-p5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-canna --with-canna-includes=/usr/local/canna/include
--with-canna-libraries=/usr/local/canna/lib --without-xim
--disable-largefile --without-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/keita/elisp:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient
~/elisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-inspect hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-client hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow mh-identity mh-letter mh-comp emacsbug sendmail facemenu
two-column misearch multi-isearch vc-dispatcher vc-hg tex-info tex
texmathp texinfo texinfo-loaddefs mule-util eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func shortdoc help-fns radix-tree magit-extras bug-reference
face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit rx log-edit easy-mmode
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete
comint ring server ansi-color magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base
magit-section format-spec dash compat-27 compat-26 compat compat-macs
mh-search smiley qp mm-archive mail-extr mh-mime mh-gnus mh-alias
multi-prompt crm mh-show goto-addr thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus-range gnus nnheader wid-edit mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-tool-bar
mh-xface mh-utils mh-folder which-func imenu gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mail-utils text-property-search mh-scan mh-e mh-compat
mailabbrev mh-buffers mh-loaddefs kinsoku cl-extra help-mode parse-time
iso8601 time-date ucs-normalize epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny jka-compr twittering-mode advice xml
edmacro kmacro preview-latex tex-site canna-im info package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
japan-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 525918 64971)
 (symbols 48 24531 2)
 (strings 32 110721 10179)
 (string-bytes 1 3845097)
 (vectors 16 78677)
 (vector-slots 8 1688951 190362)
 (floats 8 301 198)
 (intervals 56 12743 1780)
 (buffers 992 30))