Subject: [bug#60901] [PATCH 03/25] gnu: Add go-golang-org-x-exp.

From: Katherine Cox-Buday <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 09:28:05 -0700

"( via Guix-patches" via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/golang.scm (go-golang-org-x-exp): New variable.
>
>> @@ -2855,6 +2855,33 @@ (define-public go-github-com-hashicorp-hcl-v2
>
>> +    (description
>> +     "This subrepository holds experimental and deprecated (in the @code{old}
>> +directory) packages.")
>
> How about:
>
>   (description
>    "This package provides deprecated and experimental Go modules.")
>
> instead?

Yes, that's better within the Guix context, IMO.

As a guide, I tend to take the package descriptions from upstream's
descriptions in an effort to provide packages that are as close to
upstream as possible. But this kind of conflicts with the ideal of a
distribution providing a curated, holistic, experience.

Should I give more weight to the latter, sometimes at the expense of the
former?

-- 
Katherine