Subject: 30.0.50; Compile failure

From: William C Doughty III <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 10:34:55 -0500

Emacs failed to compile after pulling the two commits starting with

"96015c9c8cc origin/master Make tool bar highlight work correctly during touch events"

in origin/master

make bootstrap and
make extraclean && make bootstrap

failed to resolve the issue. After reverting to the commit before
"96015c9c8cc", the compile succeeded. Report sent via the successfully
compiled version.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-01-17 built on LAPTOP-03JFQF4M
Repository revision: bb383a54910c3094e5d228e0af62bf70e36203ca
Repository branch: master
System Description: Generic 36 (Generic)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-filenotify-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-posframe-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20221209.2013/bind-key hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-diminish hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-ensure hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-jump hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-lint hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-delight hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-core hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/n2ocm/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20221209.2013/use-package-bind-key hides /home/n2ocm/Devel/emacs-dev/emacs/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug mule-util magit-extras tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs dbus xml warnings docker-tramp tramp-cache time-stamp tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-start icons
wid-edit files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
magit-filenotify face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode git-commit rx log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete server magit-mode transient
magit-git magit-base magit-section format-spec crm dash compat-27
compat-26 compat compat-macs term/xterm xterm autocrypt ietf-drums epg
rfc6068 epg-config yasnippet-snippets yasnippet tree-sitter
tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs tsc-obsolete projectile lisp-mnt grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt orderless which-key marginalia
vertico-posframe posframe vertico company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company pcase edmacro kmacro cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core hl-line
iron-main asmibm-mode jcl-mode iron-main-mode iron-main-panels
iron-main-utils compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring ruler-mode modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes time cus-load
disp-table autocrypt-autoloads twittering-mode-autoloads
company-autoloads marginalia-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
powerline-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads
consult-autoloads embark-autoloads vertico-posframe-autoloads
vertico-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads orderless-autoloads
mastodon-autoloads ts-autoloads request-autoloads slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads
x509-mode-autoloads posframe-autoloads license-snippets-autoloads
ghub-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads tree-sitter-autoloads
tsc-autoloads treepy-autoloads finder-inf ht-autoloads persist-autoloads
projectile-autoloads paredit-autoloads cl popup-autoloads
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads emacsql-sqlite-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads magit-tbdiff-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
transient-autoloads helpful-autoloads f-autoloads info
doom-themes-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 456090 25298)
 (symbols 48 30632 0)
 (strings 32 136950 10610)
 (string-bytes 1 3912330)
 (vectors 16 50318)
 (vector-slots 8 635289 29831)
 (floats 8 185 623)
 (intervals 56 901 75)
 (buffers 984 16))

-- 

William C Doughty III 
System Programmer (Retired)
Nassau County Dept of Information Technology