Subject: bug#60882: 30.0.50; enabling c-ts-mode in header files

From: Felix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:37:16 +0100

If i follow the steps described in Yuan's tree-sitter starter guide:

(add-to-list 'major-mode-remap-alist
	     '(c-mode . c-ts-mode)
	     '(c++-mode . c++-ts-mode))

c-ts-mode is enabled if i open .c files, but for .h files it's still
c-mode.
I checked this with the -Q command line option.
Thanks

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36) of 2023-01-17 built on felix-lifebooka531
Repository revision: bb383a54910c3094e5d228e0af62bf70e36203ca
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201007
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --enable-autodepend --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --without-cairo --with-sound=no --with-xwidgets
 --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=generic -O3 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11
XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8