Subject: Re: bug#60854: [PATCH] Make warnings show a "warning" emoji instead of a stop-sign

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 10:05:56 +0300

> From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 09:26:38 +0300
> 
> Actually, scratch that, it's even worse. You see: the byte-compiled
> packages are natively-compiled on demand, i.e. on the first use. So,
> suppose you updated your (M)ELPA packages. What happens is that you
> get a bunch of warnings for packages that were loaded immediately,
> which is not all of them. During Emacs use later, as you open new
> files that weren't opened during the update thus triggering the
> according modes to load, you will get more and more new warnings.

Emacs 28 with native-compilation was released a year ago.  MELPA
packages should have adapted to that long ago, by fixing the problems
which cause those warnings.  My suggestion is to file issues with the
respective developers and pinging them until they resolve this.  In
almost all cases, these warnings are due to missing 'require's or
other similar omissions.  There's no justification for these problems
to exist in the year 2023.