Subject: Re: bug#60854: Adjust icons shown with warnings

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 22:36:53 +0100

Daniel Martín via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> [...] but it turns out that the ⛔ icon is not intended to represent a
> warning, it is a button that you can click to *suppress* that warning type.

Wow!  I have used computers for decades, and I would have never guessed that one
can click the emoji icon to suppress the warning type.  Using Emojis as UI icons
almost always backfires and personally, I find none of the icons proposed in
this thread clear.  But even if I did, I would have never guessed that they
function as buttons.

Rudy
-- 
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."
-- Thomas Alva Edison, 1932

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia