Subject: Re: bug#60845: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Add tests for Eshell interactive completion (and fix a bug in it)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 16:36:59 -0700

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 1/30/2023 6:54 AM, Stefan Monnier via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss
> army knife of text editors wrote:
>> It sounds good to me, but I'm definitely not well versed in this aspect
>> of the interaction between Eshell and Pcomplete (more specifically,
>> this is a part of their interaction which I find quite tricky), so it's
>> good that you add corresponding regression tests.
>
> Thanks for taking a look. I've merged my patches as e7d0aa248e. We can leave
> this open though to discuss what to do about the Pcomplete side of things. I
> think we can remove the workaround for Emacs 29, but maybe we want some
> additional changes.

That was 9 months ago.  Is it still relevant to keep this bug open?

> (It would also be nice to add some more Pcomplete support on the Eshell
> side. For example, when completing arguments to 'echo', Pcomplete shows options
> for the real /bin/echo, instead of showing options for the built-in function
> 'eshell/echo'.)