Subject: bug#60830: closed (Re: bug#60830: 30.0.50; The *Compilation* buffer does not recognize Lua errors)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 13:49:03 +0000

Your bug report

#60830: 30.0.50; The *Compilation* buffer does not recognize Lua errors

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60830: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60830
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60830: 30.0.50; The *Compilation* buffer does not recognize Lua errors
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>, Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 05:48:51 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am attaching a new version of the patch.

Thank you, installed on master (cd0eb055fd4) and closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; The *Compilation* buffer does not recognize Lua errors
From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 12:33:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

REPRODUCTION STEPS:

1. Write the following in some buffer:

/usr/bin/lua: database.lua:31: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	database.lua:31: in field 'statement'
	database.lua:42: in field 'table'
	database.lua:55: in field 'row'
	database.lua:63: in field 'value'
	database.lua:68: in main chunk
	[C]: in ?

2. Enable the `compilation-mode'.

EXPECTED:

The Compilation mode recognizes the following as error loci:
  
- database.lua:31: (twice)
- database.lua:42:
- database.lua:55:
- database.lua:63:
- database.lua:68:

ACTUAL:

The Compilation mode finds no error loci.

NOTES:

The source files can any extension, such as `fnl' for Fennel.

Rudy

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 19, aarch64-apple-darwin22.1.0, NS appkit-2299.00
 Version 13.0.1 (Build 22A400)) of 2023-01-11 built on Rudolfs-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: c51bfef34a6bdefad048444c279ea5b63a6aada1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.0.1

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: notmuch-hello

Minor modes in effect:
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/modus-themes-20230112.503/theme-loaddefs hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230107.1528/transient hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort tempo mail-extr emacsbug notmuch notmuch-tree notmuch-jump
notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua
notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address
notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash coolj icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib notmuch-version notmuch-compat
message yank-media rfc822 mml mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-view mml-smime
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util smime gnutls puny dig mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs
esh-var em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util cl-print misearch
multi-isearch dired-aux hl-line dired-x ls-lisp dired dired-loaddefs make-mode
fennel-mode fennel-eldoc inf-lisp files-x vc-svn vc-git lua-mode advice
char-fold paredit edmacro kmacro hi-lock hl-todo compat diff-hl log-view
pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc cus-start vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode orderless pdf-loader
finder-inf savehist org-clock ob-makefile ob-latex ob-scheme geiser-impl
help-fns radix-tree geiser-custom geiser-base geiser ob-dot ob-R ob-C cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
ob-shell shell ob-java ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-org ob-lisp modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes sly easy-mmode sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common
apropos etags fileloop generator xref arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec whitespace
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers flyspell ispell fortune
flymake-proc flymake project compile text-property-search pixel-scroll cua-base
comp derived comp-cstr pcase warnings cl-extra help-mode delsel goto-addr
thingatpt cap-words superword subword saveplace cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit
bug-reference autorevert filenotify org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline
outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol rx org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mmm-mode-autoloads org-drill-autoloads
bbdb-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads paredit-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
vterm-autoloads swift-mode-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site kotlin-mode-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads modus-themes-autoloads
flymake-grammarly-autoloads grammarly-autoloads emms-autoloads
bnf-mode-autoloads fennel-mode-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
request-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
transient-autoloads geiser-autoloads telega-autoloads
rainbow-identifiers-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads sql-indent-autoloads
citar-autoloads citeproc-autoloads queue-autoloads tablist-autoloads
cape-autoloads hide-mode-line-autoloads orderless-autoloads
elfeed-tube-mpv-autoloads mpv-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads parsebib-autoloads mentor-autoloads
url-scgi-autoloads async-autoloads xml-rpc-autoloads ebnf-mode-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads sly-autoloads
persist-autoloads ess-autoloads websocket-autoloads sqlup-mode-autoloads
elfeed-tube-autoloads aio-autoloads elfeed-autoloads password-store-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads s-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian
philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded
button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 705152 30738)
 (symbols 48 37553 37)
 (strings 32 201806 6173)
 (string-bytes 1 5391755)
 (vectors 16 61253)
 (vector-slots 8 827501 35559)
 (floats 8 220 464)
 (intervals 56 7615 148)
 (buffers 984 24))

-- 
"Be especially critical of any statement following the word
'obviously.'"
-- Anna Pell Wheeler, 1883-1966

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia