Subject: bug#60830: 30.0.50; The *Compilation* buffer does not recognize Lua errors

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 14:04:01 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> This breaks because it doesn't follow the GNU standard's
>
>       [PROGRAM:]FILE:LINE: MESSAGE
>
> Any chance we could get the lua developers to follow that format,
> instead?

Thank you for the reply, Stefan.

So, we seem to have 2 problems here:

(1) the first line contains a space character after the 'PROGRAM:'
segment, which Lua developers might be willing to change perhaps,

and

(2) the stack trace lines are indented, which I doubt Lua developers
would want to change.

Would it make sense to ask Lua developers about fixing (1) only, or
would fixing (2) in Emacs also "magically" fix (1), if Emacs has to
handle Lua specifically anyway?

Rudy
-- 
"Mathematics takes us still further from what is human into the region
of absolute necessity, to which not only the actual world, but every
possible world, must conform."
-- Bertrand Russell, 1902

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia