Subject: Re: [PATCH gnome-team v3 2/5] build: gnu: Export a %gnu-default-modules variable.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 18:56:30 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 20.06.2023 um 07:59 +0100 schrieb Bruno Victal:
> The divination comment stems from the following reasoning:
> “How can I know what gnu-build-system actually imports if not by
> guessing/cargo-culting or peering at the private %default-modules?“
> (at that point, why not export it as well?)
> 
> I'd argue it's a nice addition though strictly speaking its not
> fundamental for this patch-series and can be left out, by manually
> expanding the %gnu-default-modules value in the xdgmime arguments.
The point is you shouldn't need to "divine" anything.  It doesn't take
much guesswork to find that the things you need for gnu-build-system
belong to either (guix build gnu-build-system) or (guix build utils) –
the latter being a module you ought to already be familiar with when
mixing phases, the former being named after the build system.  
%elm-default-modules OTOH requires four modules which aren't obvious to
the uninitiated or even slightly more initiated Guix hacker.

Cheers