Subject: bug#60821: "failed to compute the derivation" and openssl build failure

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 12:50:40 +0100

Hi Zach,

Zach Philipchook <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I installed guix on Ubuntu 20.04 from a tarball and I'm getting an error
> while doing an initial `guix pull`. Apparently, openssl fails to build.
>
> The command output: https://pastebin.com/BVvdcXX2
> The openssl build ouput: https://pastebin.com/Kpn0avU1

This second pastebin is not available anymore. You don't need to use
paste services when using mailing lists, you can just send the log files
as long as they are not too huge (and if they are, just strip the
irrelevant parts).

In the meantime, what tarball are you using?  1.4.0?

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret