Subject: Re: [bug#60820] [PATCH] Add 'totpages' latex package.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 15:33:50 +0200

Hello,

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] writes:
>
>> But if someone need the source, my understanding is that one can just use guix  build -S 
>> or some other command to retrieve them.
>> So I don't see the interest of having them too in the compiled output, as they are not useful for 
>> normal usage of the package; it seems to take up space for no reason.
>
> I don't know if the reason is strong enough, but I gave you one above.
>
> In any case, the main nit here is that we try to generate files from
> source, which "#trivial? #t" prevents.

I renamed the package, updated its definition, set propagated inputs,
and applied it. Thank you for the initial work.

You make a fair point with the source distribution, but unfortunately,
it didn't raise much interest so far. It might be worth asking it on
Guix Devel ML.

Meanwhile, I'm closing this bug.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou