Subject: [bug#60820] [PATCH] Add 'totpages' latex package.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 10:02:11 +0100

Hello,

[email-masked] writes:

>> Let's assume for a second Guix provides all TeX Live packages
>> piece-wise. The idea is that if someone installs all the packages, they
>> would get the whole TeX Live distribution, including the sources, i.e.,
>> the "texlive" package.
>
> But if someone need the source, my understanding is that one can just use guix  build -S 
> or some other command to retrieve them.
> So I don't see the interest of having them too in the compiled output, as they are not useful for 
> normal usage of the package; it seems to take up space for no reason.

I don't know if the reason is strong enough, but I gave you one above.

In any case, the main nit here is that we try to generate files from
source, which "#trivial? #t" prevents.

> Sorry to bother you with my questions, as I am new to guix.

No problem!

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou