Subject: Re: bug#60811: Can’t change the build system of p11-kit to meson

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:03:13 +0100

Hello!

Le samedi 14 janvier 2023 à 21:10 +0100, Csepp a écrit :
> The way I debugged a cycle was:
> * use package graph type
> * import graph into Python's networkx using pydot
> * run networkx's cycle detection

If I select the "package" graph type, guix graph completes:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix graph --type=package p11-kit
digraph "Guix package" {
  "140299993452720" [label = "[email-masked]", shape = box, fontname =
sans];
  "140299993452720" -> "140299993453072" [color = magenta];
  "140299993452720" -> "140300286436736" [color = magenta];
  "140299993452720" -> "140299980957936" [color = magenta];
  "140299993452720" -> "140299993453072" [color = magenta];
  "140299993453072" [label = "[email-masked]", shape = box, fontname =
sans];
  "140299993453072" -> "140299983720224" [color = blue];
  "140299983720224" [label = "[email-masked]", shape = box, fontname =
sans];
  "140299983720224" -> "140299983567616" [color = red];
  "140299983567616" [label = "[email-masked]", shape = box,
fontname = sans];
  "140300286436736" [label = "[email-masked]", shape = box, fontname
= sans];
  "140299980957936" [label = "[email-masked]", shape = box, fontname =
sans];

}

Thank you for your python script! Unfortunately, it does not detect any
cycles here.

Vivien