Subject: bug#60809: closed (Re: bug#60809: 29.0.60; eww-open-file ignores prefix argument)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 09:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60809: 29.0.60; eww-open-file ignores prefix argument

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60809: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60809
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60809: 29.0.60; eww-open-file ignores prefix argument
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 11:51:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 21:48:37 -0800
> 
> I can do C-u M-x eww RET to get a new eww buffer.  I would expect 
> C-u M-x eww-open-file RET to also give me a new eww buffer.  Instead,
> it reuses the existing eww buffer.

Thanks, I've now implemented the optional behavior you expected on the
master branch, and I'm therefore closing the bug.

Subject: 29.0.60; eww-open-file ignores prefix argument
From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 21:48:37 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I can do C-u M-x eww RET to get a new eww buffer.  I would expect 
C-u M-x eww-open-file RET to also give me a new eww buffer.  Instead,
it reuses the existing eww buffer.

(The repo revision below includes a couple private changes to MH-E.
It's based on a14821d615.)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-01-10 built on alto
Repository revision: f26689637923ac9b834a209e1bab09c779be212f
Repository branch: emacs-29-mdk
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/new'

Configured features:
CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mh-identity emacsbug display-line-numbers ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util info
shortdoc help-fns radix-tree sgml-mode facemenu wdired smerge-mode diff
diff-mode easy-mmode sort gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-kill gnus-ml
disp-table timezone url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth url-handlers
nnrss nndoc nndraft network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr nnvirtual
nntp gnus-cache misearch multi-isearch flow-fill org-element org-persist
org-id org-refile avl-tree generator oc-basic cl-extra help-mode ol-eww
eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol rx org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version
org-compat org-macs format-spec view dired-aux dired-x pp mh-search
mh-letter textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check shr-color color qp mm-archive mh-alias mail-extr mh-mime
mh-show goto-addr thingatpt gnus-cite mule-util mh-thread mh-inc hl-line
mh-tool-bar mh-acros mh-seq mh-xface mh-utils mh-folder which-func imenu
files-x mdk-mail gnus-mh gnus-msg mh-comp mh-scan mh-gnus gnus-dup nnmh
gnus-score score-mode gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map gv url-vars gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range wid-edit mh-e mh-buffers mh-loaddefs message sendmail
mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader server noutline outline icons cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile shell subr-x pcomplete comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring xcscope advice delsel vc vc-dispatcher
timeclock cl-loaddefs cl-lib mdk-hacks rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 522609 92526)
 (symbols 48 31400 1)
 (strings 32 135287 10227)
 (string-bytes 1 4997054)
 (vectors 16 86279)
 (vector-slots 8 1888794 164946)
 (floats 8 549 679)
 (intervals 56 18934 107)
 (buffers 976 40))