Subject: Re: [bug#60753] [PATCH] gnu: home: Add home-emacs-service-type.

From: David Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:50:03 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Now let’s see perhaps what we need to get ‘home-emacs-service-type’
> merged, and what we can keep as future work.  Thoughts?

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to this!  To summarize what
we've discussed so far:

- It's possibly best to use g-expressions for the init.el file contents
  because it gives ultimate flexibility on how one can describe their
  Emacs configuration in Scheme while pulling in files from their local
  configuration folder.  Are we concerned whether this may be harder for
  users to understand and adopt?

- We'll postpone any work to ensure that comments and #'function
  references can be properly represented so that we can get the basic
  `home-emacs-service' merged for now.  Future patches will improve on
  that situation.

Is that accurate?  Either way, I'll spend some time today responding to
the feedback so that we can get this merged.

Thanks!

David