Subject: bug#6075: closed (Re: Lucid trunk build crashes at start)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6075: Lucid trunk build crashes at start

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6075: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6075
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Lucid trunk build crashes at start
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 16:37:35 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> My Lucid build of Emacs crashes right at the start before any frame
>> gets opened (emacs -nw works fine):
>> Now, I sometimes can and sometimes can't.  Still investigating.
> Any luck debugging, or did the problem go away?

Apparently the problem is now gone,
closing,

        Stefan

Subject: Lucid trunk build crashes at start
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 01:34:56 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.0.50

My Lucid build of Emacs crashes right at the start before any frame gets
opened (emacs -nw works fine):

   (gdb) r -Q
   Starting program: /home/monnier/src/emacs/bzr/trunk/src/emacs -Q
   [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
   
   Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
   0xb7f1cad0 in XtInitializeWidgetClass () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   (gdb) bt
   #0  0xb7f1cad0 in XtInitializeWidgetClass () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   #1  0xb7f1daf8 in _XtCreateWidget () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   #2  0xb7f1dea4 in XtCreateWidget () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   #3  0x081ea276 in x_window (f=0x8a7c0b0, window_prompting=0, 
       minibuffer_only=0) at xfns.c:2530
   #4  0x081ec8eb in Fx_create_frame (parms=...) at xfns.c:3471
   #5  0x0836ae34 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffde20) at eval.c:3028
   #6  0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #7  0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1, arg_vector=0x5)
       at eval.c:3215
   #8  0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffe140) at eval.c:3074
   #9  0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #10 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1, arg_vector=0x6)
       at eval.c:3215
   #11 0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffe460) at eval.c:3074
   #12 0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #13 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0, arg_vector=0x6)
       at eval.c:3215
   #14 0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xbfffe780) at eval.c:3074
   #15 0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #16 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0, arg_vector=0x7)
       at eval.c:3215
   #17 0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xbfffeaa0) at eval.c:3074
   #18 0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #19 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0, arg_vector=0x6)
       at eval.c:3215
   #20 0x0836b739 in apply_lambda (fun=..., args=..., eval_flag=1) at eval.c:3139
   #21 0x08368ef1 in Feval (form=...) at eval.c:2411
   #22 0x08272aa7 in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1365
   #23 0x08365eef in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x8272a8c <top_level_2>, 
       handlers=..., hfun=0x827247b <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1512
   #24 0x08272af3 in top_level_1 () at keyboard.c:1373
   #25 0x0836576d in internal_catch (tag=..., func=0x8272ab3 <top_level_1>, 
       arg=...) at eval.c:1248
   #26 0x082729d7 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1328
   #27 0x08271a8b in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:950
   #28 0x0827203d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1012
   #29 0x0826f91c in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff5a4) at emacs.c:1784
   
   Lisp Backtrace:
   Cannot access memory at address 0x1115a5b
   (gdb) 

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-04-29 on pastel
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--enable-maintainer-mode' 'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O1 -I/usr/include/GNUstep' 'LDFLAGS=-L/home/monnier/src/Xaw3d' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/home/monnier/src/Xaw3d''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Minibuffer-Area

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
, C-e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> ) C-a C-x C-s <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> C-s 
H A S H C O N C-a <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> M-x c d <return> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> s r <tab> <return> M-x g u d - g d <tab> 
<return> <return> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> q <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> p w 
d <return> c d SPC . . / . . / t r u n k / s r c <return> 
r SPC - Q <return> f i l e SPC e m a c s <return> y 
<return> y <return> M-p M-p M-p <return> r <return> 
C-d y <return> M-x M-p <return> C-g M-x c d <return> 
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> t r <tab> s r <tab> <return> 
M-x g d b <backspace> <backspace> u d - g d <tab> <return> 
<return> r SPC - Q <return> b t <return> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> 
<triple-mouse-4> M-> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> 
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-whois
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-w3
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-vm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-snarf
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-sc
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-rmail
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-print
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-migrate
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-mhe
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-merge
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gui
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gnus
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-ftp
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-hooks

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/find semantic/db eieio-base semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw eieio eieio-comp mode-local cedet autorevert doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired gud apropos derived macroexp warnings
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile rect cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs cal-french
diary-lib diary-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs misc ielm pp timezone smerge-mode conf-mode grep compile
comint dabbrev find-func skeleton multi-isearch log-view wid-edit
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs debug log-edit ring pcvs-util executable copyright filecache
add-log whitespace diff-mode vc-bzr sha1 hex-util vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher server noutline outline easy-mmode
flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc regexp-opt thingatpt help-mode easymenu
view url-handlers url-parse url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr reveal
autoinsert uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload savehist
minibuf-eldef cl cl-19 cl-loaddefs proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars
bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
newcomment menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)