Subject: Re: bug#6075: Lucid trunk build crashes at start

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:04:18 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev 2010-05-11 21.48:

>
>> If you compiled Xaw3d yourself, recompile it with debug and run gdb to
>> the crash.
>
> The crash I showed was with a hand-compiled Xaw3d with debug info
> (actually an Xaw3d with some local changes so that you can dynamically
> choose the Xaw-style or the motif-arrow-style scrollbars).  But the
> backtrace is in Xt code, not in Xaw(3d) code.
>

XtInitializeWidgetClass (where it crashed), fills in the widget class 
structure.  I guess something in the widget description is wrong, such as 
saying sizeof(int), where sizeof(double) is intended, or OffsetOf points to 
the wrong member.  If you have local changes, there is a good place to start 
looking.

This is hard to see without a debug compiled Xt.  Doesn't Debian have separate 
debug-infos that you can install for Xt?

	Jan D.