Subject: Re: bug#60740: 29.0.60; Broken isearch-emoji-by-name

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:25:55 +0100

>> But typing e.g. 'C-s C-x 8 e RET waving hand RET' fails with:

That binding doesn't exist in my configuration.  Do you mean
"C-x 8 e e", i.e., emoji-insert?

>>   ⛔ Error (transient): Inconsistent transient state detected.

I couldn't reproduce this with the above command (and also tried a
few other emoji commands).  But I haven't tried with the version of
transient in emacs.git, and I have somewhat recently fixed related
issues in transient's own repository.

Recently I also noticed that my most recent attempt to update transient
in emacs.git has gone wrong; I think I just forgot to push.  I intend
to merge transient.git into emacs.git very soon (it's all bugfixes and
minor cosmetics), but have come aware of additional problems that I was
planning to address first.

> I'd really like to have a solution for this before Emacs 29 goes into
> pretest.

When will that be?  I also want to get the latest bugfixes in before
then and maybe even create a transient release before that happens,
but I would also like to avoid rushing it, if I can help it.  (That
being said, fixing these issues is my top priority now, so I hope to
be ready to merge very soon.)