Subject: 23.1.50; delete-selection-mode

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 14:38:56 -0400

I found a reproducible test case for the painful result I mentioned
before with C-u C-y in Delete Selection mode.

This Emacs is somewhat old; I have not built a newer one.
I will try to do so soon.

I visit the text between the ---- lines (not including them)
in Fundamental mode, do M-x delete-selection-mode RET to enable it,
then I go to the blank line after the first paragraph and type
C-SPC C-u C-n M-w C-x C-x C-u C-y
and the text does not change.  Apparently C-u C-y deletes
the region before yanking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

* ACTA must respect sharing and cooperation: it must do nothing that
  would hinder the unremunerated noncommercial making, copying,
  giving, lending, owning, using, transporting, importing or exporting
  of any objects or works.

* ACTA must not weasel about what is commercial: no labeling of any
  noncommercial activities as somehow commercial-like or treating them
  as if they were commercial.

* ACTA must not tighten digital handcuffs: it must not hinder any
  activity in regard to any product on account of its capacity to
  circumvent technical measures that restrict use of copies of works
  of authorship.
----------------------------------------------------------------------