Subject: Re: bug#60711: Compose fails to generate ≤ and ≥ (only those two! and only in emacs!)

From: Marcin Kasperski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 19:54:32 +0100

Result from `xev -event keyboard` when I typed
     a Compose > = b
over its window

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212090489, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 38 (keysym 0x61, a), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (61) "a"
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212091824, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 66 (keysym 0xff20, Multi_key), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XFilterEvent returns: True

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212091968, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 66 (keysym 0xff20, Multi_key), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212093128, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 50 (keysym 0xffe1, Shift_L), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212093240, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x11, keycode 60 (keysym 0x3e, greater), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3e) ">"
   XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3e) ">"
   XFilterEvent returns: True

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212093376, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x11, keycode 60 (keysym 0x3e, greater), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3e) ">"
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212093424, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x11, keycode 50 (keysym 0xffe1, Shift_L), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212093888, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 21 (keysym 0x3d, equal), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3d) "="
   XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3d) "="
   XFilterEvent returns: True

KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212093888, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 0 (keysym 0x1002265, U2265), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
   XmbLookupString gives 3 bytes: (e2 89 a5) "≥"
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212094008, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 21 (keysym 0x3d, equal), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3d) "="
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyPress event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212094952, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 56 (keysym 0x62, b), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (62) "b"
   XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (62) "b"
   XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x8a00001,
   root 0x294, subw 0x0, time 3212095048, (67,94), root:(2163,1144),
   state 0x10, keycode 56 (keysym 0x62, b), same_screen YES,
   XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (62) "b"
   XFilterEvent returns: False

śr., 11 sty 2023 o 19:49 Marcin Kasperski
<[email-masked]> napisał(a):
>
> … and for what it is worth it …
>
> Emacs (emacs -Q) on the left, gedit on the right.
>
> Over both windows I repeated the same keystrokes:
>
> a Compose > = b Compose < = c Compose = > d