Subject: [PATCH 0/9] gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Update to 0.5.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:22:25 -0500

Continuing on from issue 60429[0], here's a patch series that aims to improve
the package for nextpnr-ice40, a place-and-route tool for Lattice iCE40 FPGAs,
by

- Adding separate packages for implot, qtimgui and sanitizers-cmake, which are
  currently bundled with nextpnr;

- Updating its source-repository URL to use HTTPS instead of the git protocol
  (no longer supported by GitHub[1]);

- Updating it to the modern style using gexps;

- Enabling the test suite;

- Fixing the version string shown by "nextpnr-ice40 --version", which should
  match the output of "git describe --tags --always" at build time but is
  currently empty;

- Removing the bundled software and patching the source to use Guix packages
  instead; and

- Updating nextpnr-ice40 itself to version 0.5.

I've tested this on x86-64 (command line and GUI) and AArch64 (command line
only) and everything seems fine.  Note that as with Yosys, the nextpnr Web
page helpfully includes a short example of using the tool[2] for testing its
basic functionality.  (The "blinky" folder is in the nextpnr source tree.)

[0] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/60429

[1] https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/

[2] https://github.com/YosysHQ/nextpnr#getting-started

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (9):
  gnu: Add implot.
  gnu: Add qtimgui.
  gnu: Add sanitizers-cmake.
  gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Use HTTPS for source URL.
  gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Use gexps.
  gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Enable tests.
  gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Fix generated version string.
  gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Remove bundled software.
  gnu: nextpnr-ice40: Update to 0.5.

 gnu/packages/cmake.scm    | 45 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/fpga.scm     | 99 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/qt.scm       | 63 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/toolkits.scm | 50 ++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 238 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

base-commit: de48bcee070b8d1ea6f3abe24be28d3b7d1aff68
-- 
2.38.1