Subject: bug#60694: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 20:44:04 +0000

Your bug report

#60694: Issue building derivations in 1.4.0

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60694: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60694
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 22:43:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing as it is unclear what we should do at this point.

Andreas

Subject: Issue building derivations in 1.4.0
From: Tom Parker-Shemilt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 15:20:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

==> virtualbox-iso: Backtrace:
==> virtualbox-iso:           18 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/lzinbzm0hxvnz11c4cin1ml9ybhrg7r5-compute-guix-derivation")
==> virtualbox-iso: In ice-9/eval.scm:
==> virtualbox-iso:     155:9 17 (_ _)
==> virtualbox-iso:     159:9 16 (_
#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?)
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
==> virtualbox-iso: In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
==> virtualbox-iso:     152:2 15 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
==> virtualbox-iso:     152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
==> virtualbox-iso: In ./guix/store.scm:
==> virtualbox-iso:   2170:24 13 (run-with-store #<store-connection
256.99 7f9d80810140> #<procedure 7f9d65ce5460 at ./guix/self.scm:13?>
?)
==> virtualbox-iso:    1998:8 12 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f9d80810140>)
==> virtualbox-iso: In ./guix/gexp.scm:
==> virtualbox-iso:    299:22 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f9d80810140>)
==> virtualbox-iso:    1180:2 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0>)
==> virtualbox-iso:    1046:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0>)
==> virtualbox-iso:     892:4  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0>)
==> virtualbox-iso: In ./guix/store.scm:
==> virtualbox-iso:   2055:12  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0>)
==> virtualbox-iso:   1407:13  6 (map/accumulate-builds
#<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0> #<procedure 7f9d7416d5e0 at
./guix/stor?> ?)
==> virtualbox-iso:   1407:13  5 (map/accumulate-builds
#<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0> #<procedure 7f9d678f2540 at
./guix/stor?> ?)
==> virtualbox-iso:   1407:13  4 (map/accumulate-builds
#<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0> #<procedure 7f9d73154a60 at
./guix/stor?> ?)
==> virtualbox-iso:   1407:13  3 (map/accumulate-builds
#<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0> #<procedure 7f9d6b7f4da0 at
./guix/stor?> ?)
==> virtualbox-iso:    1403:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds
#<store-connection 256.99 7f9d65cd23c0> #<procedure 7f9d65250be0 at
./guix/stor?> ?)
==> virtualbox-iso:   1419:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99
7f9d65cd23c0> ("/gnu/store/p23y74y51gj4vml3mjlg9swx0gg4k22s-ruby-2.7.7.d?")
?)
==> virtualbox-iso:   1419:15  0 (loop #f)
==> virtualbox-iso:
==> virtualbox-iso: ./guix/store.scm:1419:15: In procedure loop:
==> virtualbox-iso: ERROR:
==> virtualbox-iso:   1. &store-protocol-error:
==> virtualbox-iso:       message: "some substitutes for the outputs
of derivation `/gnu/store/p23y74y51gj4vml3mjlg9swx0gg4k22s-ruby-2.7.7.drv'
failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to
build derivation from source "
==> virtualbox-iso:       status: 1
==> virtualbox-iso: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/lzinbzm0hxvnz11c4cin1ml9ybhrg7r5-compute-guix-derivation'
==> virtualbox-iso: failed to compute the derivation for Guix
(version: "8e2f32cee982d42a79e53fc1e9aa7b8ff0514714"; system:
"x86_64-linux";
==> virtualbox-iso: host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
==> virtualbox-iso: Please report the COMPLETE output above by email
to <[email-masked]>.