Subject: bug#60689: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 10:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60689: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode and tsx-ts-mode does not highlight imports as variables [PATCH]

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60689: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60689
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 11:31:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug can now be closed.

-- 
*Jostein Kjønigsen*
jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>
[email-masked] - [email-masked]

Subject: 29.0.60; typescript-ts-mode and tsx-ts-mode does not highlight imports as variables [PATCH]
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>, Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:20:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When importing packages/functions/whatever in typescript using 
import-statements, the imported entities are not highlighted.

This differs from when using require() syntax.

import jwt from "jsonwebtoken";        // jwt -not- highlighted
import { verify } from "jsonwebtoken"; // verify -not- highlighted
const jwt = require("jsonwebtoken");   // jwt is highlighted.

Attached is a patch which updates typescript-ts-mode and tsx-ts-mode to 
highlight these imports properly.

--
Jostein

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-01-08 built on ThinkPad-T14s
Repository revision: 1469aac20d8ebcd3c5cca898b814c305278d4c27
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.10

Configured using:
  'configure --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   editorconfig-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   global-nlinum-mode: t
   ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
   override-global-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221202.1727/transient hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug typescript-ts-mode vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view vc bug-reference json-ts-mode magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff
git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm
compat-27 compat-26 executable view jka-compr woman man helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info markdown-mode color misearch
multi-isearch js c-ts-mode treesit cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs elec-pair speedbar
ezimage dframe powershell mail-extr disp-table flyspell ispell yaml-mode
dired-aux vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn winner ffap
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf dbus add-log
face-remap ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef elisp-slime-nav
paredit highlight-symbol flycheck editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company eglot external-completion array jsonrpc ert ewoc
debug backtrace flymake-proc flymake warnings which-func hideshow eww
url-queue thingatpt shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom puny
mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
helm-imenu pcase imenu ob-plantuml org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version
org-compat org-macs helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired
image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode
dired dired-loaddefs exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match
helm-lib async helm-config delsel autorevert filenotify yasnippet
derived nlinum linum ido-yes-or-no advice ido edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode xref project server hl-line
pixel-scroll cua-base compile-eslint compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons shrink-path rx f f-shortdoc shortdoc
text-property-search s dash compat compat-macs dracula-theme cl-extra
help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf
flycheck-autoloads helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads async-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads
highlight-symbol-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
projectile-autoloads nlinum-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
magit-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads
crontab-mode-autoloads ido-yes-or-no-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
cargo-autoloads ido-completing-read+-autoloads memoize-autoloads
paredit-autoloads company-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
powershell-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
yaml-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads bui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
lv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads ht-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
cmake-mode-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads info
dash-autoloads s-autoloads popup-autoloads queue-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 946232 70253)
  (symbols 48 48406 270)
  (strings 32 221316 13571)
  (string-bytes 1 6455828)
  (vectors 16 105031)
  (vector-slots 8 1185287 244553)
  (floats 8 1002 575)
  (intervals 56 30317 3140)
  (buffers 984 53))

-- 
Vennlig hilsen
*Jostein Kjønigsen*

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>

From 17f43cbbecc5a82697ef969f11ebe7802e155b6f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Jostein=20Kj=C3=B8nigsen?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 11:17:53 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] typescript-ts-mode: Improve syntax-highlight for
 import-statements

lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el:
add rules to highlight the actual imports in import-statements.
---
 lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el b/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el
index b26dca101db..037d5c8e87e 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el
@@ -197,7 +197,10 @@ typescript-ts-mode--font-lock-settings
       value: (array (number) (function)))
 
      (catch_clause
-      parameter: (identifier) @font-lock-variable-name-face))
+      parameter: (identifier) @font-lock-variable-name-face)
+
+     (import_clause (identifier) @font-lock-variable-name-face)
+     (import_clause (named_imports (import_specifier (identifier)) @font-lock-variable-name-face)))
 
    :language language
    :override t
-- 
2.37.2