Subject: Re: bug#6068: make-frame-visible but not selected

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 14:25:41 +0200

>> So I seem to be unable to reproduce this (under Debian/bullseye, under
 >> Gnome Shell).
 >>
 >> Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?
 >
 > More information was requested, but no response was given within a
 > month, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
 > please respond to this email and we'll reopen the bug report.

Just to elaborate: After

   (setq frame (window-frame))
   (make-frame)

a plain

   (make-frame-visible frame)

indeed won't change anything.  But

   (setq frame (window-frame))
   (make-frame)
   (iconify-frame frame)

followed by

   (make-frame-visible frame)

usually will shift focus to the frame.  Conceptually,

   (set-frame-parameter frame 'no-focus-on-map t)

should fix it but here on Debian Buster this does not work and I have to
use

   (set-frame-parameter frame 'no-accept-focus t))

to handle Lennart's use case.  This is not TRT because the frame
probably should accept focus later but so far I have not found a
reliable way to fix that.

martin