Subject: [PATCH 2/3] transformations: Let users know when '--with-latest' has no effect.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:06:48 +0100

* guix/transformations.scm (package-with-upstream-version): Print a
message when VERSION is false and SOURCE has the same version as P.
---
 guix/transformations.scm | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

diff --git a/guix/transformations.scm b/guix/transformations.scm
index d6a2ef0708..b8e2b3d52a 100644
--- a/guix/transformations.scm
+++ b/guix/transformations.scm
@@ -772,6 +772,9 @@ (define* (package-with-upstream-version p #:optional version)
            p)
           ((string=? (upstream-source-version source)
                      (package-version p))
+           (unless version
+             (info (G_ "~a is already the latest version of '~a'~%")
+                   (package-version p) (package-name p)))
            p)
           (else
            (unless (pair? (upstream-source-signature-urls source))
-- 
2.38.1