Subject: bug#60629: closed (Re: bug#60629: [PATCH 0/3] Add '--with-version' package transformation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 12:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#60629: [PATCH 0/3] Add '--with-version' package transformation

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
60629: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=60629
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#60629: [PATCH 0/3] Add '--with-version' package transformation
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], "pelzflorian \(Florian Pelz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:45:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Pushed!

  2e652e687e master origin/master news: Add entry for '--with-version'.
  20c923c40d transformations: Let users know when '--with-latest' has no effect.
  137b91f03b transformations: Add '--with-version'.

I added a warning in the manual as you suggested, Simon; I also added a
warning in ‘package-with-upstream-version’ about downgrades.  I included
Florian’s translation of the news entry too.

Thanks everyone!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add '--with-version' package transformation
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:04:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

Now that updaters can (to some extent) import any upstream version, we
can provide a ‘--with-version’ package transformation option that picks
the given upstream version.

The nice thing is that it’s just a dozen new lines of code in
(guix transformations)!

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  transformations: Add '--with-version'.
  transformations: Let users know when '--with-latest' has no effect.
  DRAFT news: Add entry for '--with-version'.

 doc/guix.texi             | 19 +++++++--
 etc/news.scm              | 36 ++++++++++++++++-
 guix/transformations.scm  | 81 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 tests/transformations.scm | 19 ++++++++-
 4 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

base-commit: cce9ff2d5ada3d1e26e1c70205f21271a0065482
-- 
2.38.1