Subject: [bug#60629] [PATCH 0/3] Add '--with-version' package transformation

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:04:57 +0100

Hello Guix!

Now that updaters can (to some extent) import any upstream version, we
can provide a ‘--with-version’ package transformation option that picks
the given upstream version.

The nice thing is that it’s just a dozen new lines of code in
(guix transformations)!

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  transformations: Add '--with-version'.
  transformations: Let users know when '--with-latest' has no effect.
  DRAFT news: Add entry for '--with-version'.

 doc/guix.texi             | 19 +++++++--
 etc/news.scm              | 36 ++++++++++++++++-
 guix/transformations.scm  | 81 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 tests/transformations.scm | 19 ++++++++-
 4 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

base-commit: cce9ff2d5ada3d1e26e1c70205f21271a0065482
-- 
2.38.1