Subject: Re: 29.0.60; apropos-documentation does not work for preloaded symbols

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 11:29:31 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 15:10:02 -0500
> 
> > For `emacs-29` the better option is probably to just revert the
> > above commit.
> 
> Then again, since \n#@ can also match false positives, we may as well
> keep the above commit and just search for #@ instead.
> 
> The patch below should fix both problems in a kind of "minimalist" way
> (i.e. meant for `emacs-29`).
> Can someone confirm it also works for them while I clean it up?

It works much better, thanks.

However, some symbols are still not shown, for some reason.  For
example, find-directory-functions and file-name-at-point-functions
(both are defcustoms).  I indeed don't see their doc strings in
files.elc.  Using "C-u C-h d" does produce an *Apropos* buffer with
find-directory-functions in it, but file-name-at-point-functions are
still not mentioned.  I guess this is a separate issue, since Emacs 28
seems to have similar problems with those 2 defcustoms?

Thanks.