Subject: bug#60600: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Document manual desktop restore

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 13:26:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

[...]

> The new text seems to imply that using "M-x desktop-save" necessarily
> means restoring must also be manual.  But this is only true if
> desktop-save-mode was not enabled.  I have the mode enabled, and I
> still sometimes save the desktop manually, whenever I make some
> significant change to the session, to make sure the new arrangement is
> saved and not lost due to some catastrophe.
>
> So the change needs to be reworded not to imply the mistaken
> interpretation that saving manually requires restoring manually.

Ok but OTOH, when you are not using desktop-save-mode (as I do) after
the manual save explanation you are left wondering « how could I restore
it when I need to? » and then the text goes on about setting up
desktop-save-mode.  That's why I placed this sentence here.  Maybe it
need some rewording but I don't know how I could do it.

And BTW, shouldn't desktop-revert be the user facing interface here?
-- 
Manuel Giraud