Subject: bug#60594: Section doesn't work: Many More Implicit Button Types to Learn Across Time

From: Mats Lidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 22:54:28 +0100

> Jean Louis writes:
> I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 30.0.50
>         Hyperbole:   8.0.0
>         Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
>         OS Type:     gnu/linux
>         Window Sys:  x
>         News Reader: Gnus v5.13
>         Install:     elpa, 8.0.0
>
> When following this instruction and activating <emacs-lisp-mode> then
> action key on those "implicit button types" does nothing. I get the error:
>
> hpath:remote-at-p: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched ) or \\)" [2 times]
>
> And I also don't find that error logical and proper for GNU Hyperbole as users did not want to "match" anything but to jump smart. It is different concept.
>
> * Many More Implicit Button Types to Learn Across Time
>
>   Activate this button, <emacs-lisp-mode>, to set this buffer into Emacs Lisp
>   mode.  Then an Action Key press on each of the implicit button types below
>   will jump to its Lisp definition.  Use this if you want to see what each
>   type can do.  <normal-mode> reverts to the standard mode.
>
> |-----------------------+------------------------+--------------------------|
> |                          Implicit Button Types                            |
> |-----------------------+------------------------+--------------------------|
> | action                | annot-bib              | completion               |
> | cscope                | ctags                  | debbugs-gnu-mode         |
> | debbugs-gnu-query     | debugger-source        | dir-summary              |
> | doc-id                | elink                  | elisp-compiler-msg       |
> | etags                 | function-in-buffer     | git-commit-reference     |
> | glink                 | gnus-push-button       | grep-msg                 |
> | hyp-address           | hyp-source             | id-cflow                 |
> | ilink                 | Info-node              | ipython-stack-frame      |
> | kbd-key               | klink                  | mail-address             |
> | man-apropos           | markdown-internal-link | org-mode                 |
> | patch-msg             | pathname               | pathname-line-and-column |
> | rfc                   | rfc-toc                | ripgrep-msg              |
> | social-reference      | texinfo-ref            | text-toc                 |
> | www-url               |                        |                          |
> |---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>
>
> -- 
> Jean
>
> Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
> https://www.fsf.org/campaigns
>
> In support of Richard M. Stallman
> https://stallmansupport.org/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Bug-hyperbole mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-hyperbole

Hi Jean,

I can't recreate this with the latest development version. Can you test with that version?

    See info on how to use the elpa devel packages: https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=10261

%% Mats