Subject: Re: bug#60588: 30.0.50; Can't display PNG

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 16:02:40 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2023-01-06 10:02]:
> > From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2023 02:37:19 +0300
> > 
> > 
> > I can't display this PNG:
> > https://gnu.support/files/tmp/2023-01-06/CMU_Fonts.png
> 
> I can display it with no trouble at all.
> 
> Did you update your libpng lately?  In that case, perhaps that is the
> reason for this bug (and also for the one with displaying PDF?) -- it
> could be that Emacs has some problems with this new version of libpng.
> 
> Did you rebuild Emacs after updating libpng (if indeed you did update
> it)?  If not, please be sure to download and install the dev package
> (header files and dependency libraries, if any) of the libpng shared
> library you now have, and rebuild Emacs after installing them.

Yes, that happened after building Emacs. In the meantime I did not
change system libraries, and I remember watching that PNG before this
latest build.

--
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/