Subject: [bug#60586] [PATCH v2 0/2] Switch p11-kit-next to meson-build-system

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 23:55:32 +0100

Dear guix,

Upstream recommends to build with meson (see README.md), and it happens to
solve the mingw cross-compilation failure.

I had to isolate meson from the other build tools, because one of the package
in (gnu packages build-tools) depends on openssl, which is in (gnu packages
tls) like p11-kit. So, using the meson build system would be a circular
dependency.

Since now meson has quite a few public variables, I figured out it could go to
its own file.

I had to read the git log twice to make sure I got the correct copyright
notices (including dates) for both meson-related stuff and the other packages
in (gnu packages build-tools).

Vivien Kraus (2):
  gnu: move meson to (gnu packages meson).
  gnu: p11-kit-next: Switch to meson-build-system.

 gnu/local.mk                        |   1 +
 gnu/packages/build-tools.scm        | 169 ++---------------------
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm        |   3 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm                |   1 +
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm              |   1 +
 gnu/packages/meson.scm              | 204 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/package-management.scm |   1 +
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm     |   1 +
 gnu/packages/syndication.scm        |   1 +
 gnu/packages/tls.scm                |   7 +-
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm     |   1 +
 guix/build-system/meson.scm         |   2 +-
 12 files changed, 230 insertions(+), 162 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/meson.scm

base-commit: cce9ff2d5ada3d1e26e1c70205f21271a0065482
-- 
2.38.1