Subject: bug#60585: 30.0.50; global-text-scale-adjust shrinks window (was not before)

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 20:24:33 +0300

* Po Lu <[email-masked]> [2023-01-07 05:06]:
> Normally, window managers only perform increment processing when
> configuring a window.  But some listen to the window property and apply
> the increment the moment Emacs sets the hints on a frame.  There is
> nothing wrong with this behavior, not in the window manager, and not in
> Emacs.
> 
> On the GTK builds, emacsgtkfixed.c overrides several Xlib functions to
> essentially fit the increment to the frame, because otherwise GTK will
> set some outrageous increment that will cause Emacs to constantly shrink
> on some window managers (not just when the frame font is changed.)
> 
> This is not needed in the Xt and no toolkit builds.
> 
> If you turn on frame-resize-pixelwise and create a new frame, does the
> problem go away?

Yes, if I just turn on `frame-resize-pixelwise' the problem goes away.

I will set this in init.el

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/